Saturday, December 10, 2016

Last blog of the semester!

December 10, 2016

Yay! Another milestone in my long academic career. One more semester and I can put some letters after my name 😜. This last entry allows me to reflect on a little more time spent volunteering for the American Cancer Society. We had the annual Luminaria ceremony over in Hope Lodge. We're building up towards Relay for Life this spring. I hope to participate in that. Present at the ceremony were some cancer survivors, staff, and friends/family members of those who lost loved ones to cancer. Unfortunately, winter cold hit and we decided to hold the ceremony indoors. I also did my usual work with the hospice organization. I got to sit another veteran, this one had Alzheimer's disease. Sitting the patient with me was a veteran of the Iraq War and another time it was a physician assistant. The PA likes what she does but believes that she should be called an associate rather than an assistant. I mentioned it to a physician and the idea really got under his skin 😈😈😈 hehehe. I wish anyone reading this happy holidays.
 
Total hours this semester: 34
Total hours this month: 17 (mostly hospice sitting but including time with the American Cancer Society)








ACS New Orleans headquarters on River Ridge Rd.




Luminaria bags decorated in memory of those who died of cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment