Friday, March 31, 2017

March 2017

The shelf exam is over! This month I did community service in the form of tutoring. The tutoring actually covered basic physiology for a pre-nursing student. Another grad student and I helped him cover some basic immunology (granulocytes including basophils, eosinophils, neutrophils, etc.) and other leukocytes such as monocytes, macrophages, lymphocytes etc. We talked about bone marrow and where/how leukocytes develop. We also discussed some basic heart physiology and anatomy (concepts in CV system, anatomy-coronary sinus, pulmonary circuit, systemic circuit, peripheral resistance etc.), ATP, creatine phosphate/muscle, and glycolysis. We also discussed what hematocrit was, erythrocyte functions, portal systems, clotting, and various basics. I've learned so much science! I am really happy about how much I learned in this program too. I also started dating someone in the biochemistry masters program here at Tulane. It's been a really good year. Luck in love and academics!

          Total hours this month: 2
          Total hours this semester:16
          Total hours this year: 50

No comments:

Post a Comment